Cheap USA Car Hire
USA car Hire

US Holiday Cars most common FAQs

Q: What do your rates include?
  • Unlimited Mileage. Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) which is a combination insurance of both Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Theft Waiver.
  • Uninsured Motorist Protection (UMP) up to $1m Liability Cover. Provides the renter and family members traveling together in the rented vehicle with up to $1,000,000 of non-stacked coverage for accidents involving a driver who has no insurance, minimal insurance, or is a hit-and-run driver.
  • Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI) up to $1m Liability Cover.
  • All Taxes and Airport Fees. (except the new 2.5% California Tourism Tax which is payable locally for all Californian pick up's and Orlando Intl Apt levy to a max of $12.50 plus tax per rental)


  • All of the above insurances, mileage and taxes
  • 3 Additional drivers
  • Initial tank of fuel (means you return the vehicle as empty as possible).
Q: Will I have too pay anything extra locally?
A: Although the supplier will probably try to sell you something locally such as additional insurances and upgrades you are under no obligation to accept these. Just respectfully decline any local offer unless you really want to buy it. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR RENTAL AGREEMENT BEFORE YOU SIGN IT!
Q: Can I guarantee a specific make or model of vehicle? will I get the vehicle shown in the example on this web site?
A: Sorry, its not possible to guarantee a specific make or model of vehicle. This means we cannot guarantee you will receive the vehicle shown in the example on this site. Luggage space, model, engine size or any other feature cannot be guaranteed. You are booking a category of vehicle and this is what will be confirmed with the supplier. An example would be booking a convertible...although the make and model cannot be guaranteed the category 'convertible' will be.

Q: I don't have a credit card, can I still hire a vehicle through you?

A: No, sorry. Our supplier will require an imprint of a credit card as security on the vehicle when you collect. This cannot be left on a debit card, even if it carry's the VISA sign. A credit card is part of the supplier verification process. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you reserve the vehicle and do not produce or own a credit card and you are refused the rental on collection no refunds will be given. Credit cards MUST be in the name of the lead driver.
Q: I have an old style driving that OK?
A: Yes, as long as it is still valid. No special license or international driving permit is required to drive in the U.S.
Q: I cant find the counter part to my new style driving license, can I still get the car?
A: Our supplier require a full valid driving license that has been valid for at least one year in order to collect the vehicle. A full license constitutes both the photo card ID and the paper counter part. If you do not produce this when required the supplier may not allow you to collect the vehicle. IMPORTANT NOTTE: No refunds will be given if you fail to produce the required documents to collect your car.
Q: How old do you have to be to hire a car?
A: the minimum age is 21. However drivers between the age of 21-24 will have to pay a young driver surcharge of around $30 USD per day. There is no upper age limit.
Q: What happens about the fuel?
A: usually the vehicle is provided with a full tank of fuel. The supplier may ask you to return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as received to avoid re-fueling charges. The supplier could also ask you to purchase the fuel in the vehicle on collection. If this occurs then you must return the vehicle as empty as possible as no refunds will be given for fuel left over in the tank. If you buy the GOLD RATE the initial tank of fuel is included in the cost so you do not need to return the car with fuel. Please check fueling options when you collect the vehicle.
Q: How come your prices are so cheap?
A: USHolidayCars is part of a group of car rental companies that only sell direct to the public. This means we do not pay any third parties commission and can therefore pass the reduced rates on to our customers.Good eh?
Q: I need to cancel my booking, how do I do it?
A: You will need to email a cancellation into See the terms and conditions as a cancellation charge may apply.
Q: I want to change my booking
A: It is possible to change your booking. You will need to contact us to discuss this. rate changes and amendment fees may apply.
Q: I want to complain, how do I do it?
A: You will need to email us in any query you have with a past rental to Please note that you must do this within 30 days of your rental ending other wise the suppliers may find it difficult to resolve. There is a standard 28 turn around period on any issue.
Q: I have a question that's not listed here, how can I get an answer?
A: You can email us at or give us a call on 0845 226 6051. We will be happy to help with any query you might have.
Click here to contact us Click here for some FAQs Important - please read our terms and conditions before you book!